Friday, November 19, 2010

Beetnuts Pate



Yet another fabulous recipe from The Coup! This one is probably my favourite so far (which says a lot because the others were awesome) and I'm totally adding this to my arsenal of dips that I'll be busting out this holiday season.
I apologize for sounding like a total food geek here but, the complex blend of flavours are really well balanced. Sweet, nutty, earthy, with some zing from lemon, and a kick from garlic.  Mmmmmmmm.
And it's actually super healthy!



Adapted from "Meet The Coup Cooks" by Tabitha Archer and Dalia Kohen


3 large beets
1 or 2 large cloves of garlic minced
juice of 2 lemons
50 ml (just shy of a 1/4 cup) olive oil
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup nuts*
2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped dill (optional)

Cut ends of beets, peel off skin, and chop into bite size pieces. Add to a bowl with remaining ingredients except dill. Blend with an immersion blender until pureed. Add chopped dill if using and stir to combine.

Serve on cucumber slices, crackers or bread. Soft goat cheese pairs well with the pate also.

*I used peanuts and pecans, but I think walnuts or cashews would be awesome.Pin It

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails